Energy and climate change are two intertwined issues of critical importance in the modern era. Here at the Li Research Group, we focus on the design, synthesis, and characterization of nanomaterial-based catalyst and reagent particles for biomass and fossil energy conversions, green liquid fuel synthesis, CO2 capture, and pollutant control. Our research also encompasses chemical reaction engineering and process synthesis and optimization. Density Functional Theory (DFT) based methods are also used to elucidate the particle reaction mechanisms and to identify potential ways to improve particle performance. – Fanxing Li, Ph.D.
- Dr. Li recognized as rising star in energy research by Energy & Fuels journal!
- See a summary of our latest research here!
- New postdocs: Dr. Ruochen Wu, Dr. Xin Li, and Dr. Kunran Yang.
- Li Group project gets write up in C&EN news!
- Li Group welcomes first-year PhDs Aaron Freye, Hilal Bektas, and Mahe Rukh.
- Nature Communications features a recent LI Group publication!
- During 2020, members of the Li group published in Chemical Engineering Journal, ChemSusChem, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Energy and Environmental Science, Journal of Catalysis, and ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering to name just a few.
- More news