What is it?
A highly selective research symposium that’s organized by the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at NC State University. The 1.5 day symposium is a platform for the finest and brightest undergraduate researchers in the U.S. to present their work and be recognized for their achievements and potential as future leaders in chemical and biomolecular engineering.
When and where is it?
The research symposium will be held on October 27-28, 2019 in Raleigh, NC.
Who should apply?
Undergraduates majoring in Chemical Engineering (and related fields)* in the USA who have performed academic research and are within one year of graduation are eligible to apply (i.e. graduation by summer 2020).
*Includes, for example, Materials Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioengineering students that are doing research related to Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering.
Meet the 2019 awardees!
You can also look back at previous awardees.Click here
- Students selected to participate will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the research symposium on October 27-28, 2019 in Raleigh, NC.
- Participants will present their research in the form of 2-minute “soundbites” and a poster session.
- It is a unique opportunity to network with faculty and peers about state-of-the-art research.
- All selected students will receive a plaque recognizing their participation.
Awardees must attend the symposium to qualify for the all-expenses-paid trip to the meeting.
When are applications due?
- Applications due by 11:59 PM on September 19, 2019.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Selected participants will be notified by October 1, 2019.
We thank the generous support of the NC State Graduate School, CBE, College of Engineering, and Eastman Chemical Company.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or want to learn more.