What is it?
A highly selective research symposium that’s organized by the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at NC State University. The 1 day symposium is a platform for the finest and brightest undergraduate researchers in the U.S. to present their work and be recognized for their achievements and potential as future leaders in chemical and biomolecular engineering.
When and where is it?
The research symposium will be held virtually (due to COVID) on October 26, 2020 in Raleigh, NC.
Who should apply?
Undergraduates majoring in Chemical Engineering (and related fields)* in the USA who have performed academic research and are within one year of graduation are eligible to apply (i.e. graduation by summer 2021).
*Includes, for example, Materials Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioengineering students that are doing research related to Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering.
Meet the 2019 awardees!
You can also look back at previous awardees.Click here
- Normally, students selected to participate receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the research symposium on October 26, 2020 in Raleigh, NC. This year, due to COVID, it will be virtual.
- Participants will present their research in the form of 2-minute “soundbites” and a poster session.
- It is a unique opportunity to network with faculty and peers about state-of-the-art research.
- All selected students will receive a plaque recognizing their participation.
Awardees must attend the symposium to qualify.
When are applications due?
- Applications due by 11:59 PM on September 28, 2020.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Selected participants will be notified after October 8, 2020.
We thank the generous support of the NC State Graduate School, CBE, College of Engineering, and Eastman Chemical Company.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or want to learn more.