The Collaboration Destination
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering lives on NC State’s Centennial Campus, an award-winning research environment that is home to more than 70 government and industry partners. Our neighbors include some of the best in business; our faculty seek out mutually beneficial relationships with companies big and small.
Those relationships include partnering on Small Business Innovation Research or Short Term Innovation Research grants; working with our centers, institutes and laboratories; providing materials and facilities to the department; or directly funding our students, postdoctoral fellows and research projects.
Interested partners are encouraged to contact the department or get in touch with our faculty directly.
Bright Minds, Brought Together
Faculty in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering hold leadership positions in some of NC State’s many leading research centers, institutes and laboratories. Opportunities abound to collaborate with us at some of the top research and training facilities in the nation.
- Ruben Carbonell is the director of the Kenan Institute and the Biomanufacturing, Training and Education Center (BTEC).
- Many faculty in the department are also key participants in BTEC, including Stefano Menegatti and Henry Lamb.
- Robert Kelly is the director of NC State’s Biotechnology Program.
- Greg Parsons has been instrumental in organizing NANO@NC STATE, which brings together many of the department’s and university’s nanotechnology researchers.
- Behnam Pourdeyhimi is the executive director of the Nonwovens Institute.