Ph.D. Application Fee Waiver
Until January 15, 2023, the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering at NC State University will waive the Ph.D. application fee for all U.S. citizens and permanent residents who have an overall GPA ≥ 3.40 (out of 4.00) from an accredited university. If you meet this requirement, please email a copy of your most recent B.Sc. transcript to our Student Services Specialist, Mrs. Sandra Bailey (email@example.com), to receive instructions on how to waive the Ph.D. application fee.
Why NC State?
- 9th best Chemical Engineering Department in the United States and 31st best in the world according to the objective Shanghai Rankings.
- Students work with world-leading faculty in a collegial, innovative environment.
- Located on Centennial Campus, the nation’s top university research campus.
- NC State is in Raleigh, 2nd best big city in the United States, according to Money magazine.
- Want to learn more? Watch this video.
Take the Next Step
Start Your Application
Whether you’re seeking admission as a Ph.D., in-person master’s or online master’s student, begin your application at the Graduate School.
Review of applications start from December 9, and are accepted on a rolling basis. To ensure full consideration, all application materials should be received by January 15.
Support for Students — and Research
We provide financial assistance to all non-self-supported doctoral students: Our Ph.D. students receive a competitive stipend, plus tuition and health insurance. We accept students into the Master of Science program with their own financial support.
All of our graduate students can expect to be immersed in a culture that values and invests in research. NC State ranks fourth nationally in research spending on chemical engineering.