Why NC State?
- 9th best Chemical Engineering Department in the United States and 31st best in the world according to the objective Shanghai Rankings.
- Students work with world-leading faculty in a collegial, innovative environment.
- Located on Centennial Campus, the nation’s top university research campus.
- NC State is in Raleigh, 2nd best big city in the United States, according to Money magazine.
- Want to learn more? Watch this video.
Support for Students — and Research
We provide financial assistance to all non-self-supported doctoral students: Our Ph.D. students receive a competitive stipend, plus tuition and health insurance. We accept students into the Master of Science program with their own financial support.
All of our graduate students can expect to be immersed in a culture that values and invests in research. NC State ranks fourth nationally in research spending on chemical engineering.