On behalf of the Organizing Committee and the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, it is our pleasure to invite you to the Symposium on Molecular Theory and Modeling: In Honor of the 80th birthday of Professor Keith E. Gubbins on Sunday, April 30 and Monday, May 1, 2017. The Symposium will be a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the work and accomplishments of Professor Gubbins, and an exciting platform to showcase the scientific work he has influenced throughout the years.
Symposium activities include a celebratory reception and dinner on Sunday, followed by the technical program on Monday. The day-long technical program will be highlighted by invited talks given by esteemed colleagues and former students of Professor Gubbins, and a lunch-time poster session.
- M. S. Ananth, PhD – Director of the Indian Institute of Technology (retired), Madras, India
- Walter Chapman, PhD – William W. Akers Professor in Chemical Engineering and Associate Dean for Energy, Rice University, Houston, TX
- Giovanni Ciccotti, PhD – Professor of Structure Matter, University of Roma “La Sapienza”, Rome, Italy
- Coray Colina, PhD – Professor, University of Florida, Gainesivlle, FL
- Wei Ge, PhD – Professor, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- George Jackson, PhD – Professor of Chemical Physics, Imperial College London, London, UK
- Katsumi Kaneko, PhD – Distinguished Professor, Shinshu University, Nagano City, Japan
- Carolyn Koh, PhD – William K. Coors Distinguished Professor, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO
- Ravi Radhakrishnan, PhD – Professor, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Matthias Thommes, PhD – Director, Applied Sciences, Quantachrome Insturments, Boynton Beach, FL
- Benjamin Widom, PhD – Professor Emeritus, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Suojiang Zhang, PhD – Professor and Director, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China